Dr. Tarun Sehgal
I am a Senior Staff Specialist (Senior Consultant) in Psychiatry with Queensland Public Health. I have also been Clinical Director for acute mental health services with Queensland Health. I trained in UK attaining psychiatry specialist qualification before moving to Australia in 2015. I completed specialist qualification in Australia.
I am also in an academic appointment as an Honorary Senior Lecturer with School of Medicine, University Of Queensland.
I have special interest in managing Substance misuse and addictive behaviours, Neuropsychiatry disorders and PTSD. I am confident in managing Psychotic disorders, Mood and Anxiety disorders, Bipolar disorder, PTSD and peri-natal psychiatry.
Languages: I am fluent in English, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu. I have some knowledge of Tamil language.
- MBBS- 2001, Dr MGR Medical University, Tamilnadu, India
- DCP- 2008, Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry, Royal College of Physicians, Dublin, Ireland
- MRCPsych- 2009, Royal College of Psychiatrists, London, UK
- FTCertificate- 2009, Foundation of Systemic Practice (Family Therapy), London, UK
- PGCME-2012, Post Graduate Certificate in Medical Education, University of Bedfordshire, UK
- MSc(Neuroscience)-2013, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College, London, UK
- CCT- 2013, Certificate of Completion of Training (General Adult, Rehabilitation and Liaison Psychiatry) Royal College of Psychiatrists, London, UK
- FRANZCP-2016, Fellow of Royal Australian and NZ College of Psychiatrists, Australia